Here’s a super simple, but super yummy recipe of brownies that’d love to whip up for your family.
Bonus: It has coco, and not baking/cooking chocolate so everyone can make it and enjoy it!
1 1/4 cup white sugar (granulated)
3/4 plus 2 tbsp coco powder.
1/2 cup plain flour.
10 tbsp unsalted, softened butter
1/4 tsp salt.
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 large eggs
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
2/3 cup chocolate chips OR chopped chocolate OR walnuts
TIP: ALWAYS weigh dry ingredients (flour or coco powder) by lightly spooning it into the measuring cup, and levelling the top with a knife.
Preheat oven at 175 C.
Line and grease an 8×10 inch baking pan.
1. In a heatproof glass bowl, combine coco, butter, sugar and salt. Microwave it in 19 second intervals till butter melts. Mix it well and let it cool for 8-10 minutes.
2. Add eggs and vanilla and mix it well. The batter should look homogenous and silky.
3. Add flour, baking powder and choc chips/walnuts/ chopped chocolate
4. Spread evenly in the lined and greased pan.
5. bake for 20-22 minutes till the Centre is just set. Do not overbake the brownies.