The nourishing honey mask
Honey is a natural antibacterial, which makes it a perfect base for acne-fighting masks, “Nutritional yeast is also excellent for treating acne, as it’s rich in B-vitamins that help calm the skin barrier, especially if you’re breaking out around your period.”
1. Brew one cup of chamomile tea with two tea bags and let cool completely.
2. In a tiny bowl, stir together one tablespoon of manuka or raw honey, and one teaspoon of nutritional yeast.
3. Add just enough chamomile tea to the bowl to create a thicker paste that’s still runny enough to spread across your skin, but not too watery.
4. Apply a thin layer to your face and let sit for 20 minutes.
5. Rinse off and pat dry. Moisturize afterward!
The Organic Banana Face Mask
“This tropical face mask will give your skin such a health, natural-looking glow, and it’s also designed to be gentle enough on all skin types.
1. Mash one-half of a banana in a bowl.
2. Mix in a tablespoon of orange juice and a tablespoon of honey.
3. Apply the mask to your face (lumps are totally fine!) and keep the mixture on for 15 minutes.
4. Rinse with lukewarm water and then moisturize.